His Lordship’s career in the Judicial and Legal Service began on 1 August 1983 when he was appointed as a Magistrate in Miri, Sarawak before being transferred to the Magistrate’s Court of Limbang in the same year and to the Magistrate’s Court of Sibu in the following year.
- His Lordship was appointed as Judicial Commissioner at the High Court Shah Alam on 1st of March 2017.
- His Lordship was appointed as High Court Judge at Kuala Lumpur High Court on 14th October 2019 and was transferred to High Court George Town on 2nd January 2013.
- His Lordship was elevated as a Judge of the Court Appeal of Malaysia on 30th September 2013.
- His Lordship was appointed as Federal Court Judge on 26th November 2018.
- His Lordship was appointed as Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak on 20th February 2020.
To appreciate His Lordships's contribution in the Civil Service, His Lordship was awarded Pingat Darjah Setia Pangkuan Negeri (DSPN) by Tuan Yang di Pertua of Pulau Pinang on 27th August 2013.
The Right Honourable Tan Sri Dato' is married to YBhg. Datin Fadzillah binti Dato' Kamaruddin and they are blessed with three (3) children.